[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
newlispfanclub.alh.net • View topic - Dragonfly - a web framework for newLISP

Dragonfly - a web framework for newLISP

A web framework in newLISP

Re: Dragonfly - a web framework for newLISP

Postby Lutz » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:34 pm

Congratulations! Is this the official link to the Dragonfly docs?

http://www.taoeffect.com/dragonfly-newl ... gonfly_api

let me know when I can link to this (or other address) from the http://www.newlisp.org/modules/ page.
Lutz

Postby itistoday » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Get your groove on.
itistoday

Postby cormullion » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:29 pm

cormullion

Postby itistoday » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:18 am

Get your groove on.
itistoday

Postby hilti » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:10 pm

--()o Dragonfly web framework for newLISP
http://dragonfly.apptruck.de
hilti

Postby Lutz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:39 am

... Dragonfly docs-index and site are now also accessible from here:

http://www.newlisp.org/modules/

and here:

http://www.newlisp.org/index.cgi?Code_Contributions

Not sure if the home page links for the authors Marc and Greg are correct on that last page.

Ps: The http://www.newlisp.org/code/modules/sqlite3.lsp.html module and help page has also been updated again.
Lutz

Postby cormullion » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:45 pm

cormullion

Postby hilti » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:08 pm

--()o Dragonfly web framework for newLISP
http://dragonfly.apptruck.de
hilti

Postby m35 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:10 pm

I'm quite impressed the site! It's very clean and simple to navigate and understand. The Getting Started walk-though made sense and should make it easy for people to get started.

I've never done any serious web development, but if ever I did, Dragonfly would be a serious contender for my api. It has that very accessible bar of entry, just like newLISP does.
m35

Postby cormullion » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:03 pm

cormullion

Postby itistoday » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:01 am

Get your groove on.
itistoday

Postby cormullion » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:50 pm

Wow, great tech support too! Thanks. I'll try to get this all working today...

By the way, when you update the framework, you won't overwrite all my changes in "plugins-active" will you? :)
cormullion

Postby itistoday » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Get your groove on.
itistoday

Postby cormullion » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:35 pm

cormullion

Postby cormullion » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:36 pm

I found a strange bug relating to the nldb database code... I'm using a revised version of nldb.lsp in plugins-active, but don't know whether you want to add it - or let me add it someday...
cormullion

Postby itistoday » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:29 pm

Get your groove on.
itistoday

Postby cormullion » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:34 am

OK, gotcha. I've probably been assuming that I should switch to '.xml' extensions at some stage but sticking with 'html' all the way helps - at least, hitting seems to want to produce Atom XML.

The head/story/footer stuff is just so that I can output the XML heading stuff (author update etc) and then loop through each of the last x items.

Thanks again for the help!
cormullion

Postby cormullion » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:01 pm

cormullion

Postby itistoday » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:50 pm

cormullion, please take a look at how Route.Static works:

It will match all files that end in VIEW_EXTENSION, and your source page does as well. Therefore if there are any "code islands" (i.e. stuff that comes after OPEN_TAG: <%) then that will be interpreted as newLISP code and it will be evaluated.

If you don't want that file getting sent through eval-template then there are several things you can do:

- Update your .htaccess file with a RewriteCond to prevent files ending in .src.html from being sent to the index.cgi script. This requires knowledge of .htaccess files (search google for mod_rewrite).

- Do it instead through a custom route that checks if the QUERY_STRING represents one of your source files and then simply pass it through the 'display-file' function. Make sure this route is added to the front of 'DF:dragonfly-routes' so that it gets evaluated before Route.Static.

- Change your VIEW_EXTENSION to something else (and change all your template files as well to that other extension).

In a future version of Dragonfly we could probably add a hook to Route.Static that will allow you to define a function that determines whether the file should be passed through display-view or display-file (as the former sends it through eval-template and the latter doesn't), but for now your easiest solution is to add a custom route, which isn't difficult to do (again, the docs really help you here).

EDIT: Whoops, that's DF:include, not DF:display-file. DF:display-view calls DF:display-file which calls DF:eval-template. Apparently I don't know what my own code does. :-p
Last edited by itistoday on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Get your groove on.
itistoday

Postby cormullion » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:03 pm

OK, thanks! I can solve it by passing it to DF:include... I didn't fully appreciate the fact that every matching file, not just a view file, is passed through eval-template. Makes sense now, though.

I have to admit that I've studied the documents, but still find it hard to solve problems - I'm not a web developer, so I don't have the basics down yet.
cormullion

Postby itistoday » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:18 am

Get your groove on.
itistoday

Postby cormullion » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:59 pm

cormullion

Re:

Postby joejoe » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:24 pm

joejoe