Email with html in body

Q&A's, tips, howto's
sigipa

Email with html in body

Post by sigipa »

Hello All,

I am new to NewLisp, so please excuse a stupid question.

I need to send html in the body of an email. I've been trying to modify the "send-mail" function in smtpx.lsp to accept an additional mail-headers argument, but I'm not having much luck. I thought I could add the argument and then add a line to the send-headers function, but that's not working. Can anyone please offer some advice on the best way to do this?

thanks,
-S

TedWalther

Re: Email with html in body

Post by TedWalther »

Show us what you tried, please.
Cavemen in bearskins invaded the ivory towers of Artificial Intelligence. Nine months later, they left with a baby named newLISP. The women of the ivory towers wept and wailed. "Abomination!" they cried.

sigipa

Post by sigipa »

Hi,

These snippets are from the smtp.lsp file. If I run this, it just does nothing. No errors.

Code: Select all

(define (send-mail mail-from mail-to mail-subject (mail-content-type "") mail-body SMTP-server (use
r-name "") (password ""))

(define (mail-send-header) 
    (net-send-get-result (append "TO: " mail-to)) 
    (net-send-get-result (append "FROM: " mail-from)) 
    (net-send-get-result (append "SUBJECT: " mail-subject))
    (net-send-get-result (append "Content-type: " mail-content-type))
    (net-send-get-result (append "X-Mailer: newLISP v." (string (nth -2 (sys-info)))))) 
Thanks,
-S

TedWalther

Post by TedWalther »

It shouldn't do anything, all you are doing is defining a couple functions.
Cavemen in bearskins invaded the ivory towers of Artificial Intelligence. Nine months later, they left with a baby named newLISP. The women of the ivory towers wept and wailed. "Abomination!" they cried.

sigipa

Post by sigipa »

Hi,

I was just showing the changes I made to the smtp.lsp file. I am calling the send-mail function. I'll keep playing with it. I'm probably just missing something.

Thanks,
-S

TedWalther

Post by TedWalther »

First, does it work without your modifications.

Second, show how you are calling the function with your modifications. And show how this differs from the call to the unmodified function.