Forum Admin

For the Compleat Fan
janeTA

Forum Admin

Post by janeTA »

Sorry, I don't see a forum category? I would like to "neuter" my current login-id? Is that possible or does one simply have to I re-register?

Ryon

Re: Forum Admin

Post by Ryon »

Yes, I can neuter you.

I think this is listed in the FAQS, at the top right of this page.

janeTA

Post by janeTA »

Ryon wrote:Yes, I can neuter you.
I mean a name change. Please explain the process.
Ryon wrote:I think this is listed in the FAQS, at the top right of this page.
I'm sorry, I do not see "name-change" being a listed FAQ item?

Ryon

Post by Ryon »

By the powers vested in me by ICANN and the Registrar, I declare you to be janeTA. What ICANN, the Registrar, phpBB, and your humble admin hath proclaimed, let no man nor woman put asunder.

You are janeTA now, tomorrow, and for the ages.

rickyboy

Post by rickyboy »

How about changing it to jainTA? I bet that kind of neutering is less painful than possibly what Ryon had in mind. :)

Kidding aside, I suppose that Ryon can rename your loginID if you tell him what you want your new loginID to be.
(λx. x x) (λx. x x)

janeTA

Post by janeTA »

Ryon wrote:By the powers vested in me by ICANN and the Registrar, I declare you to be janeTA. What ICANN, the Registrar, phpBB, and your humble admin hath proclaimed, let no man nor woman put asunder.
You are janeTA now, tomorrow, and for the ages.
Thank you. Please change janeTA to jTA. Thanks in advance.

janeTA

Post by janeTA »

rickyboy wrote:How about changing it to jainTA? I bet that kind of neutering is less painful than possibly what Ryon had in mind. :)
Thank you. Nice suggestion. However, I have gone with my preference, jTA. As for contemplating what Ryon may have had in mind, I suspect I would rather ... not! :)
rickyboy wrote:Kidding aside, I suppose that Ryon can rename your loginID if you tell him what you want your new loginID to be.
Being unable to change one's loginID looks to be a total anachronism, especially within a LISP context? But I accept the need to "manage" it. My apologies to all for the inconvenience caused.

Ryon

Post by Ryon »

I am away sailing a tallship, somewhere in the San Francisco bay. No changes to anything for the next couple of weeks.
Attachments
420120112124301001_t300.JPG
420120112124301001_t300.JPG (16.79 KiB) Viewed 11746 times

TedWalther

Post by TedWalther »

English language descended from Frisian. In Frisian tongue, the neuter form is also the female form. That is why we call our guns and ships "she" and "her". So, if you want to be historical and connect back with the origins of the language, using feminine pronouns is appropriate for the neuter form.
Cavemen in bearskins invaded the ivory towers of Artificial Intelligence. Nine months later, they left with a baby named newLISP. The women of the ivory towers wept and wailed. "Abomination!" they cried.

janeTA

Post by janeTA »

>>I am away sailing ... No changes ... for the next couple of weeks.

care to effect cited login id change, thanks

Ryon

Post by Ryon »

janeTA wrote:>>I am away sailing ... No changes ... for the next couple of weeks.

care to effect cited login id change, thanks
Have you considered opening a new account, and calling yourself "the poster formerly known as janeTA"?

Could take your career in a totally new direction!

janeTA

Post by janeTA »

Ryon, my darling, it would appear site admin is a little beyond your ... scope? so, why not leave this for those who actually ... can?

Quack, quack. Quack, quack, quack!