MacOS editors - newLISP module for BBEdit/TextWrangler

Machine-specific discussion
Unix, Linux, OS X, OS/2, Windows, ..?
cormullion

MacOS editors - newLISP module for BBEdit/TextWrangler

Post by cormullion »

Since I prefer to use OSX-friendly editors such as BBEdit rather than emacs, I had a go at defining a LanguageModule for newLISP. It starting to work OK in both BBEdit and TextWrangler (the free version of BBEdit), so if you'd like a copy (or would like to make it better) let me know (message here or email to my .mac address).

Another good text editor is TextMate. There is already a generic LISP definition module for TextMate, but that would need some editing, I think.

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

Yes, yes I am very interested having a LanguageModule file for BB-Edit, I know many programmers on the Mac love this editor, and I have been asked for this more than once. We can include a copy of it in the newLISP distribution, as we do with syntax files for the Vi and Joe editors.

Lutz

cormullion

Post by cormullion »

I wonder if I can post it here. Worth a try (if there's not a post limit). Save as "/Users/me/Library/Application Support/BBEdit/Language Modules/newlisp.plist". But this is my first attempt at such a beast, so please improve it!

Improved version at http://newlisp.org/index.cgi?Code_Contributions
Last edited by cormullion on Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

Thanks, very nice! I got it working in TextWrangler (the free BBEdit version) after removing an empty: .lsp (none) entry in the Preferences/Languages/Suffix Mappings - Menu, and restarting the Editor.

I will add some stuff and then post it here: http://newlisp.org/index.cgi?Code_Contributions in the 'Editor Support' section as your contribution. It will also go into the newlisp-x.y.z/util directory of the source distribution.

Lutz