newlisp-tk on OSX 10.2.4

Machine-specific discussion
Unix, Linux, OS X, OS/2, Windows, ..?
subotic

newlisp-tk on OSX 10.2.4

Post by subotic »

Hi
I compiled the source and then I copyed the files to /usr/bin and /usr/share/newlisp like described in the install doc. Now when I try to start the newlisp-tk I get the following:

[abmt01:/usr/bin] subotic# ./wish newlisp-tk.tcl
Error in startup script: bad menu entry index "*fixed*"
while executing
"$menu index "*$Ide($property)*""
(procedure "ResetFont" line 5)
invoked from within
"ResetFont fontName $Ide(fontName) $FontNameMenu"
(procedure "SetupConsole" line 63)
invoked from within
"SetupConsole"
(file "newlisp-tk.tcl" line 1659)

I have TclTkAquaBI-8.4.2.0 installed. Does newlisp-tk work with this version?

Thanks,
Ivan

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

sorry for not answering earlier, but I just arrived in Florida after a cross country trip from California. Give me some time to get back to you begining of the week, because I don't have regular email at the moment.

Lutz

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

Version newlisp-tk 7.0.4 is tested on 8.3 Tcl/Tk and Tcl/Tk 8.2. So you may have a version problem, although I can hardly believe it. Another problem may be the version of BWidgets which should be BWidget-1.3.1 may be you haven't installed BWidget ? I is available at:

http://newlisp.org/download/TclTk/

If you don't have BWidget or don't want it you can also outcoment the line in "newlisp-tk.tcl", which references it.

Also the the startup of newlisp-tk should have created a ''newlisp-tl.config'" in your home directory, check if it is there and look into it, or delete it and try startup again.

I am normally faster responding support questions, but in a middle of a stressful move from California to Florida, so I apollologize if my responses are not so "immedeate" as there are usually.

Lutz