compiling newlisp ipv6 OS/2 | none ipv6 capable systems

Machine-specific discussion
Unix, Linux, OS X, OS/2, Windows, ..?
newdep

compiling newlisp ipv6 OS/2 | none ipv6 capable systems

Post by newdep »

Hi Lutz,

Has been a while but i picked up the OS/2 release again for newlisp. My system is running natively again.

Since 10.1.5 some changes where made and compiling is oke upto nl-sock.c

ipv6 has been introduced and OS/2 / eComstation is one of those OS's at the moment that has no support for it. This mean no header files for ipv6 at all.

I tried some plugin header files , from the lwres, that where build for systems that dont have ipv6 support but in the end im running into a linking error. Simply the gcc library isnt up for it right now.

I spitted thru the nl-sock.c history and i cant even use the older versions as these have changed the last 2 years.
I would like to stick with the 10.4.5 version of the nl-sock.c but i must exclude a lot to get it compiled without
ipv6.

Is there a quick and or simple way to fully disable ipv6 from the compilation? Or do you have a trick that
would save me bunches of #infdef OS2 | #ifndef IPV6 inside the nl-sock.c file ?

Hope you have an idea for a 32bits compilation that fits the ipv4 only system structure ..like OS/2...
-- (define? (Cornflakes))

Lutz

Re: compiling newlisp ipv6 OS/2 | none ipv6 capable systems

Post by Lutz »

There is no simple answer to that, because when going to IPv6, a set of some new, more modern library functions was chosen, serving in many cases for both: IPv4 and IPv6. And those are the functions, you cannot find in OS2.

If '#ifdef OS2' gets too crazy, just create a new nl-sock-os2.c which will then be used only for OS2.

newdep

Re: compiling newlisp ipv6 OS/2 | none ipv6 capable systems

Post by newdep »

Got it compiled without errors ;-) now back to some testing again...
I had to skipout the net-packet part because it kept complaining about _in_cksum weak linking...
Took me some time to figure that out, as i forgot it was introduced meanwhile.

Anyway.. 10.4.5 compiled on OS/2 with ipv6 dummy entry's.

newLISP v.10.4.5 on OS/2 IPv4/6, execute 'newlisp -h' for more info.

> !ls -al newlisp.exe
-rwxrwxrwx 1 0 0 316834 2012-12-30 17:14 newlisp.exe
> (sys-info)
(414 268435456 387 1 0 2048 0 5942 10405 7)
>

ill keep you posted! ;-)
-- (define? (Cornflakes))