windows OS, ERR: not enough memory

Machine-specific discussion
Unix, Linux, OS X, OS/2, Windows, ..?
dikiyvolk

windows OS, ERR: not enough memory

Post by dikiyvolk »

Hi to everybody,

I am newbie about newlisp, but I tryed it in OSX Lion. The software is very simple, I load a large file 1,29GB and after I sort it. In OSX it works, but when I tryed it in windows 7 OS 64 bit, I have this error during file load operation:

ERR: not enough memory

I suppose there is a memory configuration, but I do not find it. The source code is very simple and it is:

(println "Lettura: " (time (set 'data (parse (read-file "NoteTrim.txt") "\n" 0))) " ms")
(println "Sort: " (time (sort data)) " ms")

(exit)

Walter

TedWalther

Re: windows OS, ERR: not enough memory

Post by TedWalther »

Having "mmap" would be really nice in a scenario like this.
Cavemen in bearskins invaded the ivory towers of Artificial Intelligence. Nine months later, they left with a baby named newLISP. The women of the ivory towers wept and wailed. "Abomination!" they cried.

dikiyvolk

Re: windows OS, ERR: not enough memory

Post by dikiyvolk »

TedWalther wrote:Having "mmap" would be really nice in a scenario like this.
Oh yes.

I used mmap in C code and it works great. I was only curious to discover if it is possible compare results between a unix like S.O. and winzot (windows plus BC comics "ZOT") :)
By the way newLISP spent to read 1.29 GB 4.66 sec. and to sort 1,7 sec.

I used LISP with autocad 16 years ago. Some days ago a friend of mine told me about newLISP so I tryed and it was a great experience. Unfortunately I cannot use it in my office :( and nights are too short.