newlisp OS X Lion Bus Error

Machine-specific discussion
Unix, Linux, OS X, OS/2, Windows, ..?
kanen

newlisp OS X Lion Bus Error

Post by kanen »

I have a program I've been running for many months. I upgraded to newLisp 10.3.2 and to OS X Lion.

Now, running

Code: Select all

newlisp server.lsp -c -d 8080 -w .
And loading my index.cgi (unchanged) through the "server.lsp" code (see below) causes a BUS ERROR.
sh: line 1: 22042 Bus error: 10
./"index.cgi" > /tmp/nl490825a2887b33a41d

Code: Select all

#!/usr/bin/env newlisp
(command-event (fn (s)
    (local (request)
        (if (find "?" s) ; is this a query
          (set 'request (first (parse s "?")))
          (set 'request s)
        )
      request)
))
Again, code worked on 10.6.x and newlisp 10.3.1. Is there something that changed and I missed it in the newlisp web code?
. Kanen Flowers http://kanen.me .

Lutz

Re: newlisp OS X Lion Bus Error

Post by Lutz »

The error message seems to indicate, that the error happens when the CGI process is executing index.cgi. What is causing the bus error seems not to be the newLISP server process, but the shelled out additional newLISP process executing index.cgi.

Running with newlisp-wiki-4.6 for an index.cgi things run fine on my side on Windows XP, UBUNTU Linux, OpenBSD and Mac OS X 10.6.8. I will not be able to run OS X Lion until later this year.

- How does it run without server.lsp, which seems to cut off all including and after a '?' in the HTTP request? The server.lsp seems to suppress all HTTP '?' query requests and that mechanism works fine for me too.

- What is the contents of index.cgi? Perhaps you can create a minimum index.cgi, which only outputs "Hello World"?

- If that still causes the same error, what happens when requesting a static non-cgi page?