How to run CGI with built-in web server?

Machine-specific discussion
Unix, Linux, OS X, OS/2, Windows, ..?
adamas

How to run CGI with built-in web server?

Post by adamas »

Hi all,
I am trying to use newlisp's built-in web server. It works perfectly on Linux. But it serves only static files on Win XP, for CGI files it gives an

Code: Select all

ERR:500 need /tmp directory configured
error message. I found this string in newlisp.exe but I didn't check the C source for the reason. Could you please give me any pointer?
Adam

Cyril

Re: How to run CGI with built-in web server?

Post by Cyril »

adamas wrote:I am trying to use newlisp's built-in web server. It works perfectly on Linux. But it serves only static files on Win XP, for CGI files it gives an

Code: Select all

ERR:500 need /tmp directory configured
error message. I found this string in newlisp.exe but I didn't check the C source for the reason. Could you please give me any pointer?
I have gone one step further: I have created the directory C:\TMP, and the message disappears. I doesn't run any scripts although. So I second the question!
With newLISP you can grow your lists from the right side!

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

- are you running IE version 7? then go back to IE 6 or use FireFox. There have been reports of IE 7 not working with newLISP server earlier.

- is newlisp.exe in the executable path? should be if installed from installer

- did you do a default install, or do you have changed drives/directories?

adamas

Post by adamas »

Lutz wrote:is newlisp.exe in the executable path?
Thank you, that was the key. A simple she-bang line in the cgi file like #!c:/path/to/newlisp.exe doesn't work. But if newlisp.exe is on the PATH, a simple she-bang like #!newlisp works. And I didn't need to create a tmp directory, either.