Depreciateds and syntactical traps to image blogs and wiki's

For the Compleat Fan
CaveGuy

Depreciateds and syntactical traps to image blogs and wiki's

Post by CaveGuy »

It has been a while since I have worked with newlisp, and posted here, so let me say hi to all.

I took som time to download the lates greatest and play with it. I was pleased to see the evelotion of blog and wiki, keep up the good work!

Then, came monday morning and I got the first phone call, many of the exsisting exsisting cgi's on my server were blowing up. The reason was simple, I hace not kept up with the depreciated subbers, and had jumped many versions of newlisp in one leap :(

First (substring) had to be replaced with (chop), ok (substring got chopped I can deal with that in thais age of cut backs and downsizeing.
Then (concat) had to be replaced with (append with a -1 appended in select places. Appending to (append to fix a distinct lacking of (conact was indead ironic to say the least. When I found myseld replacing (remove with (replace using a replace all, because (remove had been removed, I knew I had fallen into carefull crafted Syntactical trap. There were dark forces lurking here :) As it turned out that was all that was needed in a bunch of files.

Now that that problem is solved, and things are back running, I am back to playing in blog and wiki land.

My short term goal is to create a blog, where each new topic is centered around an image. I envision uploading a jpg or png using http put and placed as the focal point of the page. I do believe that everyone is using a modern browser these days that supports http upload.

As a Collectors, hobbyists, photographers, artists, ... we want to be able to upload a jpg or png of our latest great creation or find into a Blog. Be it fishing for approval or seeking answers, it is the feedback from the other in the Blog that inspires the posting.

I do plan on looking at wiki much closer, at first glance it looks like it would work well for maintaining a galery of a collection.

A bit off subject, the "gallery" project written in PHP is heading off in that direction but does not have the level of interaction, you have with wiki.

One final question:
Are there any example of http-upload that I may have missed ?

Now .. Back to the grind stone :)
Bob the Caveguy aka Lord High Fixer.

CaveGuy

Post by CaveGuy »

That was (slice not (chop that needed to be chopped, toung tied again :)

BTW I found put-url that takes care of the upload problem.
Can anyone recomend a good graphics tool for makeing thumbnails on the fly in newlisp :)

later dudes :)
Bob the Caveguy aka Lord High Fixer.

nigelbrown

Post by nigelbrown »

Perhaps when depreciating a function a define for it could be posted or included in future release info so that to keep older code running the definition just has to be put into init.lsp. The define wouldn't need to be as efficient as the original - just work as the old one did.
Nigel