newLISP beer: ILC2010 in Reno, NV / NYC

For the Compleat Fan
nallen05

newLISP beer: ILC2010 in Reno, NV / NYC

Post by nallen05 »

Any newLISPers going to be at ILC2010 in Reno, NV this month? If so do you want to plan a newLISP beer one night at the conference?

Also, any newLISPers in NYC? If so how about a newLISP beer somewhere around Manhattan the last weekend of October 2010?

Take care

Nick

Kazimir Majorinc

Re: newLISP beer: ILC2010 in Reno, NV / NYC

Post by Kazimir Majorinc »

ALU, the organizer of ILC has anti-NL bias:

http://www.alu.org/admin/minutes/ALU-bo ... -final.txt

cormullion

Post by cormullion »

Well, he said:
Dan hopes to bring in people who can talk about dialects other than
Common Lisp and Scheme, even weird ones like NewLisp, just to expose
people to new ideas.
which isn't totally negative... :)

I'd like to be there.

I confess I started thinking about a crowded bar of Common Lispers, and the arrival of a Stranger (played by Clint Eastwood, possibly) who orders a beer and stands at the other end of the bar, wearing a worn newLISP T-shirt under his poncho.

"Hey, Stranger," says one of the drinkers, " if yer looking fer trouble, you've come to the right place. We don't like them f-exprs round these parts"...

then it got a bit confused...

nallen05

Post by nallen05 »

I confess I started thinking about a crowded bar of Common Lispers, and the arrival of a Stranger (played by Clint Eastwood, possibly) who orders a beer and stands at the other end of the bar, wearing a worn newLISP T-shirt under his poncho.

"Hey, Stranger," says one of the drinkers, " if yer looking fer trouble, you've come to the right place. We don't like them f-exprs round these parts"...

then it got a bit confused...
Hehehehe.......

seriously, though, I don't think it's like this... if elisp hackers are welcome at lisp meetups I don't see why newLISPERs wouldn't be... I for one have enjoyed both... more than anything, I think one of the drinkers would ask "hey what's a noo-lisp?" then they would both geek out over the ability to use lisp to do useful things (only later get into a nerd fistfight over dynamic vs lexical scope ;-)

cormullion

Post by cormullion »

Sounds fun. Perhaps a few bottles of this?