Foil Spar

For the Compleat Fan
m i c h a e l

Foil Spar

Post by m i c h a e l »

After much soul-searching (and repeated attempts to get my line/file-commander code working), I’ve decided I can no longer spare the time needed to promote newLISP. This is in no way a negative judgment against the language, so much as an admission of my not being a very good programmer.

Recently, I’ve been playing around with REALbasic, making a few GUI programs (one, the long ago promised “Cosmic Wimpout” scorer) and have been impressed with the progress I’ve been able to make. In fact, there are many things about REALbasic that remind me of newLISP.

I wish to thank everyone here at the club for all of your help and encouragement these past few years, and I hope to stop by for a visit from time to time.

As a parting gesture, here is the last newLISP code I’ll probably be writing:

(select "foil spar" 7 -3 -1 2 -6 4 0 -8 1 3 -4)

m i c h a e l

newdep

Post by newdep »

Well thats a nice day to annouce this ;-)

I cant take that seriously btw.. Not because of todays 1st, but because
I know you cant dropout lisp or newlisp..

Pitty but true I dont accept your Excuse, You'll be back soon ;-)

Lets assume its the 2nd of April, You will be back after you have
consumed your license fee of realbasic ;-) Thanks anyway for your
great support and addons! (but you could have just ask for this, I would
have written it to ya without you quiting on a language, which isnt possible btw.. ;-)

Enjoy ! ;-)
-- (define? (Cornflakes))

xytroxon

Post by xytroxon »

I have forked the Real Basic distro and have add Unicode char. support and the Newlisp dll !!!

I call it UN-Real Basic...

-- xytroxon

P.S. Run his last "program" twice... Once for Michael and once for me ;)
"Many computers can print only capital letters, so we shall not use lowercase letters."
-- Let's Talk Lisp (c) 1976

itistoday

Post by itistoday »

You had me there for a second... I even had a little flurry of panic when you said there were similarities to REALBasic... :-p
Get your Objective newLISP groove on.

Ryon

Post by Ryon »

(select "ah " 1 0 2 1 0)

cormullion

Post by cormullion »

Well, goodbye, old chum and erstwhile fellow blogger. May your compiled REALBasic code run as swift as the wind and your objects inherit the earth, polymorphically or not, as the case may be.

(I'm going to use search and replace to change all my newLISP code to REALbasic code. You may hear from me again this year.)

xytroxon

Post by xytroxon »

cormullion wrote:(I'm going to use search and replace to change all my newLISP code to REALbasic code. You may hear from me again this year.)
I think we all better re-think our foolish language plans...

RedSnake is the future!!!
http://redsnake.me/
RedSnake combines Ruby and Python syntax in a pleasing amalgam of underscores, inexplicable blocks, self, and tilde indentation (so ex-Rubyists can see it and asshats are prevented from using tabs). 3-tilde indentation is the convention according to RSEP 7.
"Many computers can print only capital letters, so we shall not use lowercase letters."
-- Let's Talk Lisp (c) 1976

m i c h a e l

Post by m i c h a e l »

xytroxon wrote:I think we all better re-think our foolish language plans...

RedSnake is the future!!!
Darn it. And I just finished converting all my newLISP code into REALbasic, too! At least it’ll be fun typing all those tildes. They look like pretty windswept waves upon the ocean.

m i c h a e l