newLISP development release v.10.3.5

Notices and updates
Lutz

newLISP development release v.10.3.5

Post by Lutz »

This development release fixes bugs and adds more changes to the re-written multiprocessing API.

For files, release and changes notes see:

http://www.newlisp.org/downloads/development

HPW

Re: newLISP development release v.10.3.5

Post by HPW »

newlisp.dll is now only copied to the newlisp directory, no more into windows\system32.
It's not mentioned in changes.
Hans-Peter

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

Forgot to put it into the CANGES notes , but it's mentioned here:

http://www.newlisp.org/downloads/develo ... lease.html

I could not find an easy way to bring it into system32 on Windows 7. Administrator rights of the user are not sufficient ... it's a long story. In the end I decided to leave it out. So now we are back where it always has been, and I think it is more convenient for most users.

Here is a way to find the directory where newlisp.dll is installed, when newlisp.exe is in the path from the commandline:

Code: Select all

newlisp -e "(env \"NEWLISPDIR\")"
This will print the path in both, UNIX and Windows, even if a NEWLISPDIR definition is not part of the newLISP install. When the newlisp executable starts up it sets NEWLISPDIR.

Cyril

Post by Cyril »

Lutz wrote:So now we are back where it always has been, and I think it is more convenient for most users.
That's good. In fact I haven't upgraded from 10.3.2 because of previous behavior (I strongly dislike system directories pollution). Now I'll try to be up to the current release again. :-)
With newLISP you can grow your lists from the right side!