travelling from 7 to 17th of January

Notices and updates
Lutz

travelling from 7 to 17th of January

Post by Lutz »

I will not be able to answer mail/comments on a regular basis from the 7th to the 17th of this month. I am travelling and don't have Internet access most of the time.

CaveGuy

Post by CaveGuy »

Depending on when you see this, I hope you, are either having or have had, a good time :)
Bob the Caveguy aka Lord High Fixer.

Lutz

good time

Post by Lutz »

still having a good time in Hamburg/Germany and a bad time looking for certain characters on this German keyboard '/' is shift-7 and Z and Y are swapped etc. etc.

cheers

Lutz

HPW

Post by HPW »

Hello Lutz,

wellcome in Germany, whish you a good time here.

Do you visit germany private or do you bring all the newLisp to the people here? :-)
Hans-Peter

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

my mother lives in Bremen and I also have friends and family in Hamburg, I left Germany in 1978, but still like to visit once in a while and like it a lot, except for the snow and rain.

Lutz

Ryon

Foreign Keyboard Report

Post by Ryon »

I just got back this afternoon from Ensenada, Mexico, which also has the "/" character moved to a different place on the keyboard. But they do have nice weather -- warm and sunny!

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

I am back in Los Gatos, enjoying the keyboard 'as we know it'. Hope you had a nice trip to Ensenada, was it vacation or work?

Lutz

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It was a visit to la dentista. The US healthcare system is totally out of control, so I've started going south of the border for as much "routine maintenance" as possible. They do good work, and use modern equipment and techniques. And, you can buy a lot of tamales with the money saved.

I walked in without an appointment, and 45 minutes later walked out with a new filling. 36 Bucks! "Eet was a very BIG filling, señor!"

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

I did the same thing a couple of years ago, I needed a dozen different diagnostic procedures (blood work etc.) and went to visit friends in El Salvador. I got for $500, what would have cost me at least $5000 or more here in the U.S.A.. Physicians down there are very good, most of the time educated in the U.S. and take a lot of time and personal efford with their patients.

Lutz