Linux/BSD shared library module newlisp.so

Notices and updates
Lutz

Linux/BSD shared library module newlisp.so

Post by Lutz »

Just finished newlisp.so shared library. Version 8.0.15 with a makefile_linux_lib and makefile_bsd_lib will go online over the weekend.

This will alow newLISP to be used in a similar fashion like newlisp.dll on Win32, making newLISP functionality available in other programs.

Lutz

newdep

Post by newdep »

Aaaaaaa very good.. cant wait ...

Btw im very glad with your [text] [/text] implant because during some test
with newlisp dll calls today i noticed that not all programming languages
are as smart as Newlisp :-)

Can you emagine a language that is unable to do a print " "hello" " or even
print { "hello" } or print ' "hello" ' well there are! and i happened to used one of them (ill dump it right away!) so there came print "[text] hello [/text]"
and it worked....:-)
Last edited by newdep on Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- (define? (Cornflakes))

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

While doing the library stuff today, I realized that the output of 'print' and 'println' statements in newlisp.dll is treated in an inconsisten manner, most of the times its gets suppressed and doesn't show up. This is fixed in the new newlisp.dll (neither occurs in newlisp.so). The out put of print/println will always show up in the return string in 8.0.15.

Strangely nobody complained, probably because there are only few reasons you would use 'print' from the DLL and because it was switched off completely in the first one or two versions.

Lutz

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

don's use the new 'init.lsp' which sets the $HOME variable together with the newlisp-tk frontend. newLISP varnames starting with '$' confuse Tcl/Tk.

This will be corrected in 8.0.15 in newLISP-tk v.1.16

Lutz