newLispization of server/client code

A web framework in newLISP
denis

newLispization of server/client code

Post by denis »

Hi!

Seems, I succeeded to rewrite my Java-made site using newlisp and Dragonfly framework.

It's here: http://pechenga.xpolaris.net

It's in Russian, so short description: this is a site (clone, official website here: http://pechenga-gazeta.ru) of local newspaper with articles and comments to them, sorted by issue, topic, authors and places (some data model implemented through mysql tables). Dragonfly works well with the current amount of data - more than 4000 articles for the last 4 years. I am not sure about speed in the case of multiple requests to the site, but still..

It's a front-end. In jsp I implemented back-end as well, and newlisp implementation is to come. But nowadays I would prefer new approach, using ajax and edit windows over shadowed page, not separate interface. Here with my laziness I meet one small barrier - that I have to write code using html, css, javascript in addition to newlisp (which I like more and more). I all the time forget the syntax of javascript and names of tags and their attributes! :-) So I have idea if to substitute all this extra syntax to the plain Lisp? That is everything - html, css styling, javascript and its frameworks (I choose dojo) can be facaded by lisp code? On the server side at request, newlisp will generate css files, js files, ajax (I would call them "listeners"), attach them to generated html file (I would call it a "loader" as it loads client code to the browser) and send them in response back to user.

If some persistent API to appear, it will be convenient to turn on different javascript frameworks, provide flexible css styling (like handling paddings and backgrounds for many blocks at once), something like input fileds-relational db mapping etc.

Maybe this idea already been implemented somewhere by someone?