newlisp project at savannah?

Q&A's, tips, howto's
tom

newlisp project at savannah?

Post by tom »

http://savannah.nongnu.org

I was just wondering if you (Lutz) had ever considered making newlisp an account on such a repository?

we would get a cvs account, mailing list, etc.

Just wondering. Seems like it would be nice. Of course, there's sourceforge, too, but sourceforge moved to a proprietary database (in case that matters to anybody).

lwix

Post by lwix »

May I share my thoughts on this? (Bit cheeky for a new user - sorry)

I think that the current system for source code control and distribution is perfect! We have no problems with any website being down or CVS being broken? Why complicate things?

We don't have a mailing list though. The advantage of having one is that interested users can subscribe and just sit back and watch without actually having to come to the board.

On the other hand, the board does show what newLisp is capable of.

So I would suggest keeping the status quo visavis the source code but 'consider' a mailing list where one has to subscribe to post and where the archive is available for searching and casual reading.

Lucas
small's beautiful

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

At the moment I am pretty comfortable how things are set up. http://sourceforge.net/projects/newlisp/ is used as a distributed download and archive site, it has been up for many years and probably will so in the future too. Ryon maintains this discussion group website and newlisp.org is the place where I put miscellanous docs and contributions, and it is also the main download site.

So in between these three sites pretty much everything is taken care of and with some reduncancy foe downloading and communicating. If newlisp.org is down people can still download from sourceforge and newlisp.org has some interactive pages too, where people can communicate with me or with each other.

Lutz

tom

Post by tom »

well, there you go! I completely missed the fact that newlisp had a sourceforge page.

Never mind.

:-)

lwix

Post by lwix »

well, there you go! I completely missed the fact that newlisp had a sourceforge page.
but no mailing list ;-)
small's beautiful