[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
newlispfanclub.alh.net • View topic - Pascal code - newLisp

Pascal code - newLisp

Q&A's, tips, howto's

Pascal code - newLisp

Postby reinier maliepaard » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:12 pm

reinier maliepaard

Re: Pascal code - newLisp

Postby rickyboy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Conceptually, yes, you can do this in newLISP. There is, though, the question of how much of the current functionality you want to remain in a newLISP version. For instance, I don't know what ShellExecute (or open, for that matter) does (in Windoze(?)), but if you need that functionality, and assuming that ShellExecute (and friends, e.g. MessageBox) are some kind of Windoze ecosystem call, then I guess you could punt to ffi. Things like SetCurrentDirectory, ExtractFilePath and WinExec might be accomplished from newLISP primitives iirc. But, I'm not a Win guy so I defer to others. (I think I do know, however, that "shell" means something entirely different in Win versus Unixen. :)

But I also wonder that, if you (presumably) already have Sumatra PDF, why don't you just use that to open *all* PDFs?

In any case, good hacking to ya!
(λx. x x) (λx. x x)
rickyboy

Return to newLISP in the real world