[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
newlispfanclub.alh.net • View topic - Big structures - Greenarrays GA144 simulator

Big structures - Greenarrays GA144 simulator

Q&A's, tips, howto's

Big structures - Greenarrays GA144 simulator

Postby didi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:43 pm

didi

Re: Big structures - Greenarrays GA144 simulator

Postby TedWalther » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:13 am

Need more info. How do these 144 cpus interconnect? Glad you are working with Chuck Moore's chip. It is the only one I would trust. I believe all other silicon out there has backdoors inserted by the Verilog compilers, in the same way as described by Ken Thompson in "trusting trust". http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/ken/trust.html
Cavemen in bearskins invaded the ivory towers of Artificial Intelligence. Nine months later, they left with a baby named newLISP. The women of the ivory towers wept and wailed. "Abomination!" they cried.
TedWalther

Postby TedWalther » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:17 am

Also, what makes each cpu distinct? Is it the latch address on the mesh bus? Does it have a serial number or identifier built in?

Personally I'd have an Array, with one entry per cpu, that stores all cpu state. So, 144 entries. Then just iterate over the list for each clock tick.
Cavemen in bearskins invaded the ivory towers of Artificial Intelligence. Nine months later, they left with a baby named newLISP. The women of the ivory towers wept and wailed. "Abomination!" they cried.
TedWalther

Postby didi » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:31 am

didi

Postby TedWalther » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:07 am

Each "cpu" can be an object. Having an Array filled with cpu makes it easy to use the array index number to initialize each cpu so it knows which are its neighbors. You could also make an object for each external pin. Integer indexes are just easy.
TedWalther

Postby TedWalther » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:13 am

Is it true each cpu only has 64 words of memory? And each word is 18 bit? So, 36 normal 32 bit words? However each 18 bit "word" can hold 3 instructions? So the entire memory space will hold 192 opcodes? Does the manual describe an addon module for interfacing to ram storage?

This bends my brain; I'd have to spend time, as you are doing, just spending a year or so absorbing the chip one day at a time. And thank you for doing so; hope you will share your insights. Does one chip "launch" code to all the others like unreeling a fishing line? How many opcodes does it take for the farthest chip to send a message to an external pin? Can intermediary chips block such access requests?

Glad Chuck Moore is still alive. The passing of Jeff Fox was very sad. I hope http://ultratechnology.com/ stays up forever.
TedWalther

Postby didi » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:43 pm

You have 3 and a half slots per word. So up to 4 commands per word . There is also a micronext command, with it you can make a loop within one word and other nice Features.. with some outer nodes you can make simple Interfaces to different memories, I currently use the serial Interface, one word are 3 bytes .... Here is the most important document about it - 10 pages - everything you need is in it, quite dense :

You are right, I'll soak it in .. you'll see my small steps in my blog , ( this blog-generator is also written in newLISP .. )

I know the ultratechnology page, maybe we should download everything and mirror it.

I think the combination of newLISP and the GA144 is a thrilling mixture, both are in there way powerful and minimalistic.

I am trying the big array idea !
didi

Return to newLISP in the real world