SSL + SMTP

Q&A's, tips, howto's
itistoday

SSL + SMTP

Post by itistoday »

So... does the smtpx.lsp module work over SSL? I'm guessing that it doesn't... is that right?
Get your Objective newLISP groove on.

TedWalther

Re: SSL + SMTP

Post by TedWalther »

No. Lutz was wise not to include OpenSSL into the codebase; he must have looked at it and realized what a steaming pile it was. Hopefully soon Libressl will be in a place where it is easy to link it in the way libffi etc are linked in; that would be very nice for many things.

If you were to find some C code that uses openssl (or libressl) to initiate a connection, I am willing to take it the next step and make a newLisp module to load the appropriate C functions.

All the C code has to do is create the internet connection, then finish the connection, write a byte, and read a byte. If it can do those things, I can take it from there.

Such code probably already exists, you just have to find it.
Cavemen in bearskins invaded the ivory towers of Artificial Intelligence. Nine months later, they left with a baby named newLISP. The women of the ivory towers wept and wailed. "Abomination!" they cried.

itistoday

Re: SSL + SMTP

Post by itistoday »

Hmm. Well thanks, I may or may not take you up on that offer in a couple of weeks... we'll see. I'll reply here if I do!
Get your Objective newLISP groove on.