Another text editor... Sublime Text

Q&A's, tips, howto's
cormullion

Another text editor... Sublime Text

Post by cormullion »

I've spent a couple of hours playing with a text editor that was new to me until last week Sublime Text.

I know that most people have already chosen their newLISP-editing-machine, whether it's vim or TextWrangler or UltraEdit or Emacs or BBEdit or whatever - I bet some of you have even tattooed the name of your chosen weapon on the back of your neck - but it's often fun to see what other folks are using.

I've had a go at making a basic newLISP package for Sublime Text 2 (you can find it on github at http://github.com/cormullion/newlisp-su ... -2-package), and the results are quite interesting - the snippets and autocompletion are quite useful. I've been able to re-use some of taoeffect's work on TextMate, which helps, since the configuration process for defining the language specification is quite complex.

It's very much a work in progress - I might even have stopped work on it already, who knows :) - so feel free to adopt, adapt, and improve.

newdep

Re: Another text editor... Sublime Text

Post by newdep »

I always like the topic on "Text editors" because they are so personal. I always hunt for a good editor too, although i have my fav's already, seeking for the fine editor is a real quest. (Police Quest , King's Quest, Space Quest, are like that too ;-))

I even build my own editor in newlisp on OS/2 , fully ansi based and not fast.. But hee.. its a newlisp editor in its purest form.. There was also another editor written in newlisp for newlisp from another forum member from russia... but was never finished i thought...

Thanks for the hint.. Ill take a shot at it..
-- (define? (Cornflakes))

ale870

Post by ale870 »

I use Sublime text day-by-day, and I find it simply amazing!
I strongly suggest it!
--

Ishpeck

Post by Ishpeck »

You can never have too many text editors. I collect them like my wife collects shoes.

Ishpeck

Post by Ishpeck »

Wait a second... this is not only not terrible, it's actually pretty durned good!