C XML parser to newLisp

Q&A's, tips, howto's
kanen

C XML parser to newLisp

Post by kanen »

NewLispers,

I have a documented C XML parser which reads a Simple XML file and writes out some files for network interfaces on BSD systems. It's for the network security product I am creating.

The C code works perfectly, but I'd like to port the C code to newLisp.

I do not have the time to personally do this and I am having trouble finding someone who can do this properly.

I thought I'd reach out to the experts (you guys) and see if anyone wanted to tackle this short project.

Contact me if you are interested. It does not pay, but it could lead to more (paying) work in the future and you would be seriously helping my project.

Also, in the future, the source will be made public, so you'd get credit for some real-world newLisp code implemented in a running system. Good for the resume, at least. ;)
. Kanen Flowers http://kanen.me .

cormullion

Re: C XML parser to newLisp

Post by cormullion »

Just wondering if you were successful in finding someone? I suspect it's a bit beyond me...

unixtechie

Post by unixtechie »

mm..

(a) newlisp can directly use functions from C libraries.
If your parser can be compiled as a library, then the chances are it can be directly called from a newlisp script

(b) newlisp includes some kind of XML parser already.

I'd check first if these two roads are possible for your purposes, although I am not acquainted with your project and do not know that, of course.

kanen

Post by kanen »

I moved the configuration file to JSON.

I have a parser, but do not have a Lisp->JSON module yet. The previous Module for JSON doesn't work anymore, so I'll be writing a new one.

I'll release it when it is finished.
. Kanen Flowers http://kanen.me .