Cannot open newLISP at 127.0.0.1:64001
appears and the program terminate

Any Idea?
Thank

P.S. my download is newlisp-8006-win-tk-115.exe
[/b]

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

newLISP-tk uses Tcp/IP to communicate between the front-end newlisp-tk.exe and the main newLISP executable newlisp.exe.

You may be using an older version (Win95/98) version of Windows and don't have a network adapter installed, therefore no Tcp/IP stack is loaded. It may start working after dialing in to the internet (this way loading the Windows Tcp/Ip stack).

You still can use newLISP without the frontend by just running newlisp.exe in a command window, but you will not have graphics, function browsers etc.

Lutz

Giacomo

Post by Giacomo »

My system is w2000, and the computer is a portable at my home.
The same download, at my office, where i have another w2k, works well, but in my office there is a tcpip intra-net active.

I will try connecting (at home) to internet before starting newlisp-tk, but, if the system will run, what i will have to make in order to use the program without connection to provider?

by

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

Perhaps you have an old network adapter you can put in your computer, that will force Win2k to load the networking drivers without having to connect to the internet.

Also, you probably can disconnect from the internet after dialing in the Tcp/Ip drivers will remain active.

Lutz