Nicholas E. May's Newlisp projects at Github.com

Featuring the Dragonfly web framework

unixtechie

hmm.. Suggestion: literate programming tool in newlisp?

Post by unixtechie »

hmm..
It's great someone else discovered newlisp.
One thing is there are literally hundreds if not thousands of editors, and it'll be some time before this one reaches functionality of the better-known ones. Even though this one is language-specific, and the others (like Vim I use, even "geany") are generic.

I love open source movement, sometimes it looks like it's the only remaining outlet of creativity in the the world choked by corporations. However the tendency of OS-ers to reinvent wheels is amazing. Effort could be much better directed if it adds to an existing project, extending it, or if you are creating something different.

So (as I was taught that "criticism must be constructive") here's my own suggestion.
Look at http://github.com/unixtechie/Literate-Molly/
This is a perl script for literate programming, which extends it with HTML and Javascript "folding" to help manage programmer's attention span and scale the previously unscalable flat literate source files.

It can be recoded in newlisp to become a totally standalone tool, when turned into a newlisp pseudo-executable, without reliance on any "system instllations" of any other tools, nor a web server.

Give me your opinion, Kazimir and other readers, do you think it's worth it?

Read the "MOLLY.html" file first, it's both an example of the output and a sort of documentation.