IDE for newLISP

Guiserver, GTK-server, OpenGL, PostScript,
HTML 5, MIDI, IDE
Sunburned Surveyor

IDE for newLISP

Post by Sunburned Surveyor »

newLisper's,

Does anyone have an IDE they would recommend for newLISP, or LISP in general. I'm looking for something open source, with things like parentheses matching and bug checking.

Is there a way to get Jabberwocky to work with newLisp?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jabberwocky

Would anyone else be interested in an Eclipse plug-in for newLISP? If so, let me know and perhaps we can get a project going.

The Sunburned Surveyor[/url]

HPW

Post by HPW »

I use either the newlisp-TK IDE or my favorite editor Ultraedit.
Ultraedit does parentheses matching, syntax highlighting and code completition and other goodies.
Hans-Peter

tom

Post by tom »

Slime mode for emacs is for use with the common lisps, but could be modified to talk to newlisp. We should try.

:-)

Sunburned Surveyor

Tom and Peter

Post by Sunburned Surveyor »

Thanks for your replies.

I've decided to try building an Eclipse Plug-In for newLisp. Eclispe is an open source IDE from IBM that was built to be extended, so a lot of the core work has been done. All it needs is a little tweaking and customization. The newLisp plug-in will focus on a text editor for newLisp files that features syntax highlighting, code completion, and a structured view of the newLisp file. You will be able to run your newLisp files from within Eclipse using the native newLisp processor or newLispTK. I would also like to integrate Glade and the GTK-Server in the plug-in for newLisp GUIs.

I need to spend some more time working with the newLisp language and GTK-Server befor I start work. If any of you are interested in this project, let me know.

The Sunburned Surveyor

P.S. - This is a similar project built in Eclipse for PHP. It will give you an idea of what we could do for newLisp.

http://phpeclipse.de/tiki-index.php?pag ... clipse+3.x

Tim Johnson

Post by Tim Johnson »

tom wrote:Slime mode for emacs is for use with the common lisps, but could be modified to talk to newlisp. We should try.

:-)
See my post to newLisp News
"Newlisp editor mode for (X)Emacs - vim too"
I'm using Linux as my main programming platform, but
later this month will be setting up a platform on a Win XP
laptop and will test how this mode works windows on GNU
and X emacs.
tim