[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
newlispfanclub.alh.net • View topic - 3D game on windows/linux | OpenGL hardware acceleration

3D game on windows/linux | OpenGL hardware acceleration

Guiserver, GTK-server, OpenGL, PostScript,
HTML 5, MIDI, IDE

3D game on windows/linux | OpenGL hardware acceleration

Postby refrainrence » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:54 pm

refrainrence

Re: 3D game on windows/linux | OpenGL hardware acceleration

Postby refrainrence » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:53 am

refrainrence

Postby Astrobe » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:06 pm

Astrobe

Postby refrainrence » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:35 am

refrainrence

Postby TedWalther » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:51 pm

Excellent project! I heard that originally OpenGL binding was limited because of the way it used callback functions, and newlisp was limited to 10 callbacks. But perhaps the new libffi stuff has removed that limitation?

I really hope so, and that you succeed. I've also wanted to do this for a long time. Thank you for posting your code, please keep at it! If someone wants to post bindings to a 3d engine, of course they are welcome to, the more the merrier, but I also really like having low level access to stuff. That is what puts newlisp way ahead of all other LISP variants for me.
Cavemen in bearskins invaded the ivory towers of Artificial Intelligence. Nine months later, they left with a baby named newLISP. The women of the ivory towers wept and wailed. "Abomination!" they cried.
TedWalther

Postby refrainrence » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:46 am

refrainrence

Postby TedWalther » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:51 pm

I almost feel I could weep, I've been wanting to see this done in newLISP for years. Thank you Lutz for putting the pieces together to make it happen, and thank you refrainrence for finally DOING it!

I cut and pasted the teapot GL demo onto my Linux box, and it worked! I was so surprised. No errors, just worked on the first try. And now you show code that works on Win7 and Linux without alteration, without error, on the first try. Wow!

Refrainrence, have you looked into libSDL? Does that meet your needs? I remember back when Loki Games specifically designed it for cross-platform game developement, and a lot of Linux games use it and those games run on Windows too.

A good set of libSDL bindings for newLISP would be the cats ass.
Cavemen in bearskins invaded the ivory towers of Artificial Intelligence. Nine months later, they left with a baby named newLISP. The women of the ivory towers wept and wailed. "Abomination!" they cried.
TedWalther

Return to newLISP Graphics & Sound