MIDI controllers

Guiserver, GTK-server, OpenGL, PostScript,
HTML 5, MIDI, IDE
neuwirthe

MIDI controllers

Post by neuwirthe »

Only today I found out about the MIDI stuff in guiserver, and I really like it. Currently only note and pitch bend seem to be supported. Are there plans to also implement controllers (technically, that is rather easy). It would allow to
implement sounds from moving sound sources and other interesting projects.

Jon

MIDI function docs

Post by Jon »

Hello,

I have quite recently discovered newLISP, and I'm curious about the MIDI capabilities in newLISP. I've searched for documentation on MIDI functions, but I couldn't find it. Can anybody tell me where to look?

Sincerely,

Jon

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

On Windows the Guiserver manual is accessible from the newLISP menu in the Start/Programs - menu. There is a summary listing of the MIDI functions at the end of the introductory section and a short description of each in the reference part with some examples.

Two example demo files can be accessed from the newLISP-GS help menu (midi-demo.lsp and midi2-demo.lsp). On Windows the medium size soundbank file from Sun has to be installed first. See the docs for more detail and a link. On the Mac a soundbank is default of the OSX Java installation. The example files use the medium size soundbank.

Currently only the built-in synthesizer is supported, but external sound-bank files can also be specified.

Jon

Still looking for midi stuff and docs

Post by Jon »

Thanks for your reply, Lutz, but the two files midi-demo.lsp and midi2-demo.lsp does not seem to be available from Help->Open Demo Folder. I'm using the Mac version, from newlisp-9.3.11-ppc.dmg. I've not found the short description of the midi functions either. Have you got a URL?

/Jon

m i c h a e l

Post by m i c h a e l »

Jon,

You will need the latest version of newLISP (9.3.17), which has the midi documentation (in the Guiserver manual) and the two midi examples.

m i c h a e l

Jon

Post by Jon »

Thanks Michael. I found it in 9.3.17. The docs were here: file:///usr/share/doc/newlisp/guiserver/guiserver.lsp.html

/Jon