Post by HPW »

The last screenshot of the MAC version shows the toolbar pretty nice:

http://newlisp.org/downloads/developmen ... p-edit.png

But on my WinXP it shows a different color than the buttons:

http://www.hpwsoft.de/anmeldung/html1/n ... p_edit.png
Hans-Peter

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

This is a problem don't know how to solve yet, but I would ask you to try the following: Take out the following line:

Code: Select all

(if (= ostype "Win32") (gs:set-color 'ToolBar 0.92 0.92 0.84)) ; melt with WinXP look and feel
just search for the first instance of ToolBar and you find the line.

If I leave it out on my WinXP machine it looks similar to your screen shot, but not that bad, because the colors are pretty close to each other. With the gs:set-color statement I tried to make perfect match, which of course doesn't work on every machine in the same way.

On the Mac this line doesn't get executed at all and the natural ToolBar background and image background align.

Also, there are still instabilities in the area of running other apps from the editor, but I think I have solved these problems soon.

Lutz

HPW

Post by HPW »

Without this line it looks ok with no difference between button and background.

Maybe the explanation is, that I setup Win Classic GUI instead of XP Luna!

So can/must we check the installed theme?
Hans-Peter

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

So can/must we check the installed theme?
not sure, I will leave the line outcommented for now for all platforms.

We will see what people report about this. I wonder what Didi has too say. The way your system reacts (and the Mac) is the expected way. I guess it depends on the fact if the button background is identical to other backgrounds in yor XP theme?

Lutz

didi

Post by didi »

It was the same with WIN2k , now after out-commenting this line it looks ok.

Some minor things :

I am not sure , it seems you have to click/doubleclick two times to get to the second sub-directory , the first click centers the folder .

I like the font-style and size selection, i can hardly remember the font-style , is it possible to save the configuration , so that the editor starts with the same styles/sizes ,directories and so on?

After the first start the titlebar is out of the screen and i have to shrink the window a little and shift it a bit down .

If i start a gui-app out of the editor i have to shrink the editor to see my app- or can i program the app, so that it is in the foreground ?

I don't now how but, in a few cases i got stuck and i couldn't quit the editor . Sometimes i couldnt restart and the led stayed red .

I'm working with the editor as often as possible, i like it :-)

HPW

Post by HPW »

After switshing to XP Luna it also looks OK.
A minor diffenrence remains between Luna and Classic:
Luna shows a mouse_over effekt by changing the background of the buttons slightly.
Classic does not show anything, so you do not see any border between the backgrounds.

Didi's wishes seems to show the need of some kind of INI-files as we had with newLISP-TK. Position/Size/Fontsettings/etc.

Another wish would be a start option for the doku.
Even better would be the context-sensitive jump (with a selected key-word) into the doku.
Hans-Peter