GUI - composer in newLISP ?

Guiserver, GTK-server, OpenGL, PostScript,
HTML 5, MIDI, IDE
didi

GUI - composer in newLISP ?

Post by didi »

The gui-server is whetting the appetite , let's dream a bit.

Maybe someday we can click and paste a complete gui with 'the newLISP GUI-Composer' as a result you get the whole program-frame , with all the containers you need, with all the properties you can choose of, generating automatically the event actions .. the only thing for you is adding the functions .

But that's too much for one or for one first step . OK - as old Tanimoto wrote : when you bite off more than you can chew, spit it out and start over.

What about the same as a light-version , as a text-version ? ( maybe this leads to a 'meta-language' or 'super-commands' )

As a first step i tried to sort all gui-server-commands . A list of containers, a list of properties , a list of events , parameters and so on .

Because i'm lazy i wanted to xml-parse the gui-server-manual to extract all syntax , but as you can think ,this results to 'nil' .. this leads to the 'tidy'-discussion ... i have no tidy .. this leads to regex ... oh boy .. i don't like regex - learning regex or writing a regex-interpreter/generator ..difficult decisions for a sunday-evening ;-)

* Steven L.Tanimoto "The Elements of Artificial Intelligence " An Introducing using LISP

rickyboy

Re: GUI - composer in newLISP ?

Post by rickyboy »

didi wrote:Because i'm lazy i wanted to xml-parse the gui-server-manual to extract all syntax , but as you can think ,this results to 'nil' .. this leads to the 'tidy'-discussion ... i have no tidy .. this leads to regex ...
Why don't you just get and install tidy?
(λx. x x) (λx. x x)

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

Look for the file newlisp-x.x.x/doc/syntax-help in the source distribution.

This little script extracts the syntax for a function from newlisp_manual.html using regular expressions and is very fast. Load the file and try it.

There are some (very few) syntax pattersn which wrap more than one parameter into emphasized tags, but those will be corrected soon. The whole newlisp_manual.html, allthough not XHTML compliant, has a very simple HTML syntax very suitable for filtering with regular expressions. It was made with that in mind.

Lutz