[Applet] nClip

Guiserver, GTK-server, OpenGL, PostScript,
HTML 5, MIDI, IDE
newdep

[Applet] nClip

Post by newdep »

Here is a network based clipboard exchange in newlisp ;-)

This is version 1.0 in newlisp. because im using this a lot newer version
could be available randomly.

(load "http://www.nodep.nl/downloads/newlisp/nclip.lsp")
-- (define? (Cornflakes))

newdep

Post by newdep »

..version 2.3 is the final version for now..
-- (define? (Cornflakes))

rickyboy

Post by rickyboy »

Very cool! Norman, you are teaching me about network programming in newLISP, whilst entertaining me! :-)
(λx. x x) (λx. x x)

Lutz

Post by Lutz »

Very nice applet Norman! This one looks much better on MacOS X, because you are using the platform independent MetalLookAndFeel. On the previous version you used the system default, and overwiting the button colors worked for you on Linux but not for me with MacOX X (illegible).

As a general tip regarding look-and-feel settings in GUI-server apps. for multi-platform, I suggest the following alternatives to make GUIs for all platforms:

(1) if setting look-and-feel choose javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel . Only with this one you are sure it is on every Java installation and your stuff will look the same everywhere and you can get wild on colors etc.

(2) or leave the look-and-feel settings alone and let the Java installation on each platform choose its default (MacOX X, Win32, Linux(GTK?)). In this case you get the 'standard' platform look, but your choices of modifying the attributes (colors, fonts, borders) are limited and are best left alone to give your app a look and feel your users are accustomed too.

Lutz

ps: just finishing the properties stuff: gs:get-screen (width, height, resolution of local system), gs:get-fonts (installed fonts on the local system), gs:get-verson (version and copyright string). Available in guiserver 0.9